The accounting program prepares students to measure, process, and communicate financial and nonfinancial data to assist stakeholders in making financial decisions about various economic entities.
The Campbell accounting program exposes students to corporate, nonprofit and governmental entities. Graduates are eligible to earn Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification.
How Campbell Leads
- Campbell graduates are encouraged to apply to our Master of Accountancy program with a Concentration in Financial Planning and Taxation. This one-year graduate program fulfills the educational requirements for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam and the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam. It is the only program in the nation that can make that claim.”
- Campbell offers interactive, personal instruction from professors who bring real-world experience to the classroom.
- Accounting professors provide advice on students’ educational and professional paths from enrollment through post-graduation.
- Students can participate in internships to earn academic credit throughout the year, particularly during the tax season. Many students participate in the IRS’s VITA program during tax season.
- An active Accounting Club has programs on a wide range of topics such as the CPA Exam. The club also regularly hosts visits from accounting firms and graduate schools.
- In-house Career Center connects students with tools and resources to help them land valuable internships and full-time employment after graduation.
- Students can earn an MBA alongside their bachelor’s degree through the 4+1 program.
- Budget Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- IRS Revenue Agent
- Forensic Accountant
- FBI Agent specializing in accounting
- Anti-money laundering officer
- Treasury Analyst
- International accounting specialist
- Tax Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant
- Trust & Wealth Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
The Accounting Minor includes the following courses:
- ACCT 215: Financial Accounting
- ACCT 216: Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 323: Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 324: Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 333: Taxation I
- ACCT 335: Cost Accounting