Students pursuing a BBA degree in healthcare management have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to improving the health of the residents in the communities where they live and work. Healthcare management students will learn how to manage people, processes, and profits within the healthcare industry.
The career outlook is strong with job opportunities at tens of thousands of health services organizations throughout the United States and the world; 14% growth according to Bureau of Labor .
How Campbell Leads in Healthcare Management
- One of two private NC universities with an AUPHA accredited program.
- Active Healthcare Management club provides students with leadership opportunities.
- Students participate in a healthcare management internship, which provides hands-on experience, knowledge, and connections in the field.
- Faculty members have strong relationship with Campbell’s extensive health-related programs, including nursing, public health, physical therapy, pharmacy, physician assistant programs and the Medical School.
- Due to the great demand by employers throughout the healthcare industry both in NC and nationwide, Campbell students have a high rate of employment post-graduation.
- Peer mentors encourage and guide new students.
- Annual Health Solutions events offer networking opportunities with industry leaders, fellow students and faculty.
- In-house Career Center connects students with the tools and resources to help them land valuable internships and full-time employment after graduation.
- Students can earn an MBA alongside their bachelor’s degree through
the 4+1 program.
Healthcare management majors learn how to analyze complex problems, communicate with a variety of individuals and groups, and utilize healthcare management technology.View curriculum
- Hospital administrators
- Rehabilitation center manager
- Health information manager
- Group practice executive
- Public health planner
- Long-term care administrator
In addition to traditional careers in healthcare management, graduates can find jobs in many other areas including pharmaceutical companies, health insurance companies, management consulting, ambulatory
clinics long-term care facilities, professional societies, and state and federal agencies.
Healthcare Management Minor
The Healthcare Management Minor includes the following courses:
- BADM 236: Business Communications & Critical Thinking
- MGMT 320: Principles of Management
- HCM 400: Healthcare Management
- HCM 420: Healthcare Organization and Delivery
- HCM 430: Healthcare Quality Management
- HCM 461: Healthcare Policy and Law