The Business School 4+1 MBA Program offers current Campbell University main campus undergraduate students the opportunity to pursue an undergraduate and graduate degree simultaneously, earning two degrees in only five years, saving one year of time and tuition.
By developing educational credentials that make you stand out favorably in the job market, the 4+1 MBA Programs helps jump start your career.
All Campbell University main campus undergraduate students including dual enrolled, early college, and transfer students are eligible for the program.
Application & Program Timelines
Students apply for the program during the spring semester of their junior year and upon acceptance into the program begin taking a combination of undergraduate and graduate level courses during the fall and spring of their senior year (fourth year). Courses continue into the fifth year of study and upon graduation students earn an undergraduate degree in their intended major, as well as a Master of Business Administration.
Students may also apply to the program during their senior year/4th year for Spring Admission, however to receive the full financial benefits of the 4+1 MBA Program, student are encouraged to pursue Fall Admission instead. Students applying before the Preferred Application Deadline (July 1 for Fall Admission and November 1 for Spring Admission) are eligible to receive an Application Processing Fee Waiver ($48 savings).
Program Format and Schedule
The program format consists of half-semester (8-week) evening classes, all held on the Main Campus in Buies Creek. Students enrolled in the program generally take one MBA course during each 8-week term during their first year in the program (Fall I, Fall II, Spring I, and Spring II)* in addition to their undergraduate courses. During the second year in the program, students take two MBA courses during each 8-week term, along with any remaining undergraduate courses (if any). Most students use the summer between their fourth and fifth year to obtain an internship (either paid or unpaid), or another form of professional employment.
*MBA 700 is taken during the first term in the program, but only meets twice (once on a weekday and once on a Saturday).
4+1 MBA Program Degree Options
Any student pursuing an undergraduate degree in any major offered within the Lundy-Fetterman School of Business may apply to the 4+1 MBA Program. Students successfully completing the program will earn a BBA in their intended undergraduate major and a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Through a cooperative arrangement between the Campbell University College of Arts and Sciences and the Lundy-Fetterman School of Business, students majoring in Sport Management may apply to the 4+1 MBA Program. Students successfully completing the program will earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Sport Management and a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
An MBA is not just for students with a Business background! A recent study by the Graduate Management Admissions Council reported that only 47% of MBA applicants across the country studied business prior to obtaining their MBA. The other 53% of candidates studied everything from engineering and science to humanities and law.
Campbell University offers all undergraduate students pursuing a bachelor’s degree on the Main Campus in Buies Creek the opportunity to apply for admission to the 4+1 MBA program. Students majoring in a non-Business related area will be required to complete a Business Administration minor in order to meet the prerequisite coursework for the graduate level courses in the MBA program. Students are encouraged to begin taking the courses associated with the Business Administration minor early in their time at Campbell in order to have as many courses completed as possible prior to their senior year.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Students in the 4+1 MBA Program pay undergraduate tuition and fees for the first four (4) years (as a designated undergraduate student) and then pay graduate tuition for the fifth (5th) year (as a designated graduate student). This means that the cost of MBA classes taken during the first year in the 4+1 MBA Program is included within the undergraduate tuition rate.
Students are eligible for undergraduate academic merit scholarships during the fourth (4th) year, as long as they are classified as an undergraduate student (i.e. taking at least 12 credit hours of undergraduate level coursework per semester), and meet all criterion necessary to maintain the award. Students will not receive academic merit scholarships during the fifth (5th) year.
During the fifth (5th) year, as a designated graduate student, students are not longer eligible for undergraduate federal/state financial aid (i.e. subsidized loans, grants, scholarships) per federal and state regulations.
For more information on the 4+1 MBA Program please contact Sara Leak, Assistant Director of Graduate Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.