Preferred admission qualifications for the Masters of Business Administration program are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 point scale on all undergraduate work.
- A minimal score of 450 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), or a minimal score of 298 on the GRE General Test. Scores include verbal and quantitative sections, but do not include writing or integrated reasoning (GMAT). Applicants meeting certain work experience and education requirements may be considered for a GMAT/GRE Waiver. View the GMAT/GRE Waiver Eligibility Requirements and Application Form.
- Demonstration of undergraduate-level competencies in Accounting, Economics, and Statistics. This requirement may be satisfied in a variety of ways. Applicants that have not meet this requirement, may be admitted under a provisional acceptance. Students are permitted to begin taking courses in the MBA program, but the prerequisites must be completed prior to taking the graduate level course equivalent
- Completing and passing a three-credit undergraduate course in each of the subject areas. Such courses may be completed at any accredited college or university;
- Obtaining the equivalent credit(s) by passing a competency exam such as CLEP, or;
- Completing and passing one or more self-paced non-credit online courses offered through the Campbell Business School. These courses consist of a pretest, several lessons, practice quizzes and a posttest. Students who score 80% or more will satisfy the prerequisite requirement in the relevant subject area. Students will have two opportunities to achieve this score. The fee for each course is $200. Students may sign up for courses by paying the relevant fee online through our Graduate Prerequisite Modules Payment Center. Once purchased, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Graduate Programs will verify your payment and place your order once payment is confirmed. You will then receive an email with a link to your module(s).
- Selection by the MBA Admissions Committee. The institution reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant without specifying reasons.
Please note that meeting the preferred admission qualifications does not guarantee admission. An applicant’s personal statement, letters of recommendation, specific course grades on transcripts, and work experience will be considered in addition to the GPA and test scores.
Applicants whose GPA or test scores fall below the preferred criteria may still be considered on a case by case basis.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Evidence of English Proficiency: Submit proof of a score of 550 Paper-based total (61 Computer-based total) or better on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.5 or better on the IELTS.
- Resident of North Carolina during studies
More information for International Students can be found on the International Admissions page. International students are not eligible for the Online MBA program. International students must complete 75% of the MBA coursework in face-to-face (seated) courses.