Preferred admission qualifications for the Masters of Business Administration program are as follows:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
A minimum grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 point scale on all undergraduate work.
GMAT, GRE, or GMAC Essential Skills Assessment*
A score of 450 or higher on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), a score of 298 or higher on the GRE General Test, or a score of 8 or higher on the GMAC Essential Skills Assessment. Scores include verbal and quantitative sections, but do not include writing or integrated reasoning (GMAT).
*Applicants meeting certain work experience and education requirements may be considered for a GMAT/GRE/Essential Skills Assessment Waiver. View the GMAT/GRE/Essential Skills Assessment Waiver Eligibility Requirements and Application Form.
The GMAC Essential Skills Assessment is a new testing option being accepted by the Campbell MBA Program. This online assessment takes only about one hour to complete, and is completed from any convenient, private space on your own time. The cost is approximately half that of the GMAT or GRE. Learn more about the GMAC Essential Skills Assessment to find out if it is the best option for you.
Undergraduate Prerequisite Courses
Demonstration of undergraduate-level competencies in Accounting, Economics, and Statistics.
Applicants that have not meet this requirement, may still be admitted under a provisional acceptance and are still permitted to begin taking courses in the MBA program. However, the prerequisites course must be completed prior to taking the graduate level course equivalent.
Prerequisite requirements may be satisfied in a variety of ways:
- Completing and passing a three-credit undergraduate course in each of the subject areas. Such courses may be completed at any accredited college or university;
- Obtaining the equivalent credit(s) by passing a competency exam such as CLEP, or;
- Completing and passing one or more self-paced non-credit online courses offered through the Campbell Business School. These courses consist of a pretest, several lessons, practice quizzes and a posttest. Students who score 80% or more will satisfy the prerequisite requirement in the relevant subject area. Students will have three opportunities to achieve this score. The fee for each course is $200. Students may sign up for courses by paying the relevant fee online through our Graduate Prerequisite Modules Payment Center. Once purchased, please email email@example.com. The Office of Graduate Programs will verify your payment and place your order once payment is confirmed. You will then receive an email with a link to your module(s).
Selection by the MBA Admissions Committee
The institution reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant without specifying reasons.
Please note that meeting the preferred admission qualifications does not guarantee admission. An applicant’s personal statement, letters of recommendation, specific course grades on transcripts, and work experience will be considered in addition to the GPA and test scores.
Applicants whose GPA or test scores fall below the preferred criteria may still be considered on a case by case basis.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Evidence of English Proficiency: Submit proof of a score of 550 Paper-based total (61 Computer-based total) or better on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 5.5 or better on the IELTS.
- Reside in North Carolina during studies.
More information for International Students can be found on the International Admissions page. International students are not eligible for the Online MBA program.